Origin Moves in Redefined Blocks

CyberAngel

Thanks to this forum, I can avoid this particular "quirk." Sorry if it's been posted before.

I set out to make several blocks annotative. I would insert one, explode it, and redefine it with "Annotative" turned on. When I finished, the insertion point moved to (0,0) for some reason. In other words, if I inserted the original block at (200,200), I would pick the insertion point at (200,200), but the block would be redefined with the insertion point at (0,0). That meant the block would appear at (400,400).

I could subsequently edit the block and move the objects back to (0,0). That's not the point. Someone with a block with an insertion point not at (0,0) would have a serious problem here. I don't know what's going on, I don't care, I suspect Autodesk doesn't care either, but I'm posting it to warn other users.

So, if you encounter this quirk yourself, you can edit the block normally, open the properties window while in Block Editor, and toggle the Annotative setting. That's it. See this thread.