Architectural ticks to large

I received a drawing from a client where the architectural ticks display very large. The leader arrow shows as the correct size but the dimension tick does not. I went into the dimension style manager (dimstyle) and everything seems to be in order. The tick size is set up to be 1/16". I tried to dredge up out of my memory the autocad variables that mess with the size of the archtectural ticks like "dimasz" and "dimblk", but with no luck. Any ideas?

Currently using Autocad 2013.

Thanks rkent, but I had already tried that one too. I should have listed that one as one of the variables I've tried. DIMTSZ is set to zero.

Here's the ones I remember and have tried with no success.

DIMTSZ set to 0

DIMASZ set to 1/16"

DIMBLK set to archtick

DIMLUNIT set to 4

DIMSCALE is predefined by the various dim styles I've created

No. It's referencing the standard arch tick native to autocad. I tried to create a brand new dimension style starting with the "standard" dim style. It ended up with the same results. It's odd, only the arch ticks are affected. If I use any of the other ticks within autocad they all show correctly. Also, I have the same identical dim style in another drawing from the same client and it shows correctly. It's seems to be isolated to this particular drawing.......

Dadgad, Not sure how modifying the text style would change the dimension tick size, but I gave it a try. No change. Seeing as I'm on the clock I had to resort to a band-aid fix. I just changed the size of the arch tick from 1/16" to 1/256". Visually, they are close to the size they need to be. It sort of fixes the problem, but I hate not knowing the cause in the first place. Thanks to everyone for the replies and help.

Figured it out! I inserted the standard autocad arch tick as a block. Autocad gave me the typical warning of "a block already exists by this name..yadda yadda" I said to overwrite and all the ticks resized themselves! Problem solved :)

Figured it out! I inserted the standard autocad arch tick as a block. Autocad gave me the typical warning of "a block already exists by this name..yadda yadda" I said to overwrite and all the ticks resized themselves! Problem solved :)

Glad you figured it out, and thanks for posting the solution. :beer:

• 1 month later...

I am having the opposite problem and my tick size is tiny even though it is set to the usual 1/16". Can you explain the steps that you took to insert the standard arch tick and where you got it? Thanks.