Dynamic Block - Rotating Attributes

dsibbo

Can anyone help me with the attached block. I want to rotate my block so that the attribute rotates with it but stays the correct way around so it is still readable and no upside down text.

So far I can only rotate the block but the attribute won't rotate with it at all.

Is there a step I have missed out?

Thanks

(I've posted this in the AutoCAD general section too but expected it to be moved here)

Dy Block Help.dwg

Make sure your attribute is locked in the attribute properties.

Place a move parameter on the attribute base point and set the number of grips/points to zero.

Use a rotate parameter/action on your block and the move parameter you just put in (not the actual text).

Select the move and rotate and make sure the chain actions option is selected as yes.

See attached for more info.

Sample Rotation.dwg

• 3 years later...

i want to rotate text with rest of block, but only not end up "up side down".

i want text to rotate 180 degrees, when i rotate block more than 90 degrees.

how can i do that ?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys I was hoping you can help with my prior post http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?97667-Auto-rotaing-text-to-any-UCS

Its a very similar problem I just dont do enough with dynamic blocks to know where to find the right option to attach to my attribute, Mike_taylor your sample.dwg is almost what I want the same type of idea but must be linked to the current UCS/view.