File Copy Batch

suryatry26

For File Copying One File To Other File Why its asking File Or Directory each time? How to Give File is Default

xcopy /s C:\Test\TestCopy\1\Test.DGN C:\Test\TestCopy\2\Test.DGN

As per this in my bat having 100 file means here i want to give "F" for each file copying...Hw to make default "F"

You're using XCOPY? Jeez, I haven't seen anyone use that in quite a while. Did you consider the use of wildcards? For example, I want to copy all drawing files that start with letter "M" I would write M*.dwg as there is no need to specify anything more than that. To copy all drawings no matter what they are named I would use *.dwg as my criteria.

Click on the link below. Look at some of the examples included. You'll have to scroll down a bit.

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/xcopy.mspx?mfr=true

You might want to include the /v switch.

/v: Verifies each file as it is written to the destination file to make sure that the destination files are identical to the source files.

Edited by ReMark