mtext notes missaligned

A strange thing happened a couple of months ago!

I opened one of my drawings and tried to revise a few things when I realized some notes I created with MText were aligned to the right and thrown totally out of their right locations and giving the drawing a weird appearance!

I didn't pay much attention, just realigning them manually, saving and closing the drawing!

Apparently that bug or whatever it is snowballed little by little until the other day when I asked a colleague to help me by printing a whole set for a meeting I was supposed to attend!

You can imagine the surprise I had when I opened the drawings on a table with clients and architects and my mtext notes thrown all over the place far away from the pointing leaders some of them even out of the viewport and not visible on paper space!

That was embarrassing obviously!

I came back to the office and tried to investigate but nobody has a clue!!!

We just adjust manually by realigning the text in the text editor to the left, but when we reopen the drawing it's just hell on the drawing!!!

Can anybody give us a hint!

Thanks!

Welcome to the forum. :)

That doesn't sound like much fun.

Are you using QLEADERS, or MULTILEADERS?

Annotative or not?

Is your annotation in paperspace or modelspace?

If you are unfamiliar with it you should check out the JUSTIFYTEXT command, which is a very useful Express Tool.

You should also check out Lee Mac's excellent site, as he has a whole bunch of very good lisps, a bunch

dealing specifically with text issues and formatting.

http://www.lee-mac.com/programs.html#general

Thanks Lee! :beer:

Edited by Dadgad

A strange thing happened a couple of months ago!

I opened one of my drawings and tried to revise a few things when I realized some notes I created with MText were aligned to the right and thrown totally out of their right locations and giving the drawing a weird appearance!

I didn't pay much attention, just realigning them manually, saving and closing the drawing!

Apparently that bug or whatever it is snowballed little by little until the other day when I asked a colleague to help me by printing a whole set for a meeting I was supposed to attend!

You can imagine the surprise I had when I opened the drawings on a table with clients and architects and my mtext notes thrown all over the place far away from the pointing leaders some of them even out of the viewport and not visible on paper space!

That was embarrassing obviously!

I came back to the office and tried to investigate but nobody has a clue!!!

We just adjust manually by realigning the text in the text editor to the left, but when we reopen the drawing it's just hell on the drawing!!!

Can anybody give us a hint!

Thanks!

Betcha these notes have been copied, or mirrored a few times. Autocad seems to forget one or two node coordinates after it has had to stack the stuff in memory for a while in preperation for Snerdly the Drafter dude to "Undo" his butt out of yet another bind. It seems to not always replace an original node coordinate or two in memory with the new ones after a copy or move, except in the current screen displayed version of the file. I cannot even count the times I have opened a drawing only to find half a dozen dimensions splayed out across model space with one node on the object it was associated with in its original location, and the other node still affixed to the same object in its new location.

Yesterday, I copied and mirrored a hotel bar cabinet layout elevation. Instantly, one part or another of a handful of multileaders with more than one leader, and several intermediate dimensions in a continued series spread all the way back to its original assotiated object.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys!

Apparently all work done on my computer is saved in AutoCAD 2006 even though the CAD version is 2012!

Once I went to Options and Open and save tab and select file save as AutoCAD 2012 instead of 2006 everything seem to work properly!!!

Really strange! I still have my doubts but since it's not broken I'm not going to fix it!

What do you think?