part publishes with incorrect units.

dodyryda

Hi ..

I'm trying to publish a cap for a throttle cable to use in my content centre for a tube and pipe run. I have used the tube/pipe authoring tool and set the nominal size as one of my dimensions (5mm). The part author's correctly and then I publish it.

However whenever I come to use the part the diameter is always 5 in instead of 5mm...

what is going on????????

Hi JD..

wow you seem to be on here all the time, thanks for your help..

please see attached parts. end cap and body of cable. I tried abandoning the idea of fittings and authored and published just the hose but even then when trying to create a new tube and pipe style the fittingless hose will not save. I just get the dialog save edits repeatedly.

end.ipt

tube.ipt

Make sure your input units are set to mm as well as your dimstyle. You can check your units by typing UNITS and hitting enter. Check your dimstyle by hitting D and enter. Hope this helps.

You can check your units by typing UNITS and hitting enter. Check your dimstyle by hitting D and enter. Hope this helps.

Can you post screen shots on how to do this in Inventor?

The parts parameters are all in mm so why does the tube and parts style pick it up as inches? Also why can I not save a new tube and pipe style,, It won't let me save anything, I just get save edits and the style dialog will not disappear..

ok I managed to solve this in the end partially by fiddling around for ages and partly by copying another pipe example...

seems you need to have the parameters exactly correct otherwise it simply won't add to the tube and pipe styles correctly. The dimension in tube and pipe styles always seems to come in as inches regardless of the part and it's units but once it's in your route is drawn it does populate the route at the correct size so figure this must be a bug. However it will not let you marry up with the fittings you want.

The parameters you need to set are shown in the attached screen shot but it needs top have ND (Nominal size), ID, OD, PL (Length/ Pipe Length?), SN (schedule Number). It then will add to tube and pipe styles after you have authored and published the part to the content centre.

It would be a lot simpler to work out of the tube and pipe style would give some friggin indication of what is wrong ie.. a problem with the parameters rather than just get in an endless save edits loop.. seems this still needs a bit of work..

Untitled.jpg

Edited by dodyryda

Does anyone know how to get the tube and pipe styles to recognise the correct dimensions? As when you try to select a fitting for a pipe style in the tube and pipe styles editor it automatically hides the fitting as it assumes the pipe is 3" rather than 3mm?