Create features from geometry

geogeek

I'm trying to convert CAD Polylines to GIS polygons. I could create the GIS feature one selected closed poly from CAD to GIS with the Create feature from geometry. If I select multiple closed polylines and use the same command, the command creates a single feature with multiple parts. I think I can explode this in CAD.

I'm looking for an option for the create feature from geometry so that multiple closed polylines will be created with multiple features.

If there are also other CAD commands to the same thing that would be good to know too. I'm creating a document for a group of CAD mappers who will be creating new GIS parcel data for our shop.

The reason you can only create on GIS feature at a time is because it gives you the chance to add the attributes to each feature. In you case of creating parcel data you should have a different value for owner/adress for each parcel. If you want to mass create GIS features from CAD objects look at the mapexport command.

If you want to mass create GIS features from CAD objects look at the mapexport command.

I agree definetely.

Moreover, if the closed polylines contain holes or islands, you'd before create a polygon topology, then _MAPEXPORT it.

smile.gif