Text distance from line

Hi!

Is there a way in AutoCAD 2012 to set a distance between a line and the text above it?

Would be nice to be able to mark all my bearings and set a distance so all of them ends up with the same distance from the line they refer to.

/Arty

Uhm...my text doesn't move even though I changed the value... I marked the text, went into dimstyle, clicked modify, changed the value and clicked OK, clicked set curent and close. I can see the example picture change but my text in my drawing are still in the same place... What do I do wrong?

Uhm...my text doesn't move even though I changed the value... I marked the text, went into dimstyle, clicked modify, changed the value and clicked OK, clicked set curent and close. I can see the example picture change but my text in my drawing are still in the same place... What do I do wrong?

Click DIMUPDATE

AutoCAD say unknown command to dimupdate...and I have no button saying update in the modify dimension style manager...

command : DIM <enter>
dim : Update <enter>
Select Objects :

This doesn't work...

I have many, many bearings to select... isn't there a way to select all and then update/ change the value like if you change font size?

This doesn't work...

I have many, many bearings to select... isn't there a way to select all and then update/ change the value like if you change font size?

are you using dimensions to label the bearings or is it just text?

can you attach the drawing if possible?

siteplan.jpg This is what i looks like, well part of it, and I want to get less space between distance/bearings and the lines surrounding the lots.

Both distance and bearings are just text.

no wonder it's not working for you...because the solution presented was for dimension without the dimension and extension line.

maybe a lisp will help you on this but am afraid i am not that knowledgable on lisp to do it for you...

I am sorry that in my first response I mistakenly assumed that you were talking about the relationship between dimension text and the dimension line which it describes.

I am not sure how to resolve this, unless maybe creating a block for this purpose and making use of fields.

Come to think of it, if you created each of them as MTEXT containing 2 lines, justified middle center, you could affect the change by adjusting the LINE SPACING.

I just looked for something on Lee Mac's excellent site, thinking Lee probably had something to help you, as he usually does. :D:

You may want to take a look at this http://www.lee-mac.com/dtcurve.html

Thanks Lee. :beer:

Perhaps using this lisp combined with my earlier suggestion of creating a 2 line MTEXT and adjusting the line spacing, you may be able to do what you want.

I am sorry that in my first response I mistakenly assumed that you were talking about the relationship between dimension text and the dimension line which it describes.

I am not sure how to resolve this, unless maybe creating a block for this purpose and making use of fields.

Come to think of it, if you created each of them as MTEXT containing 2 lines, justified middle center, you could affect the change by adjusting the LINE SPACING.

nice suggestion :)

he can easily convert the text to Mtext and adjust the line spacing

EDIT :

tried this but it doesn't move the text either

it only increases the MTEXT "FRAME"

Edited by nod684

Sorry for being unclear. I'm not very skilled in AutoCAD yet and doesn't know the right words to use yet....sorry for misleading writing...

This siteplan is lines, polylines and text... It's all loose peaces. It's drawin in LisCAD, by the surveyor, then taken into AutoCAD where I make the info readable and nice. Doing it this way I guess I'm not able to use smart AutoCAD features unless I redraw the hole thing.

very sorry for wasting your time guys... but thanks for trying to help!

Your not wasting time

Pick text, pick line and just redraw set offset to zero if you want two separate pieces of text using a lisp.

Now do all in one go ? Theres some lisp out there that will find closest object to a line. Need that first then just relocate text to a new offset position. In a nutshell make two lists text and lines and say compare text insert point to midpoint of line. You need a reducing repeat. I will try to find an old brg dist routine I have and make it work on pairs if some one doesn't beat me first.

Sorry for being unclear. I'm not very skilled in AutoCAD yet and doesn't know the right words to use yet....sorry for misleading writing...

This siteplan is lines, polylines and text... It's all loose peaces. It's drawin in LisCAD, by the surveyor, then taken into AutoCAD where I make the info readable and nice. Doing it this way I guess I'm not able to use smart AutoCAD features unless I redraw the hole thing.

very sorry for wasting your time guys... but thanks for trying to help!

NO! its not a waste of time...with the collective effort of forum members we find solutions to posted problems here...