Inaccurate Nearest Osnap

This is why this tread is too long...

yes, I should have stayed out of this one - I have never ever used Nearest osnap and have no idea when or how it should be used and what the logical behavior is...

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• aglaerum

• RobDraw

• ReMark

• MSasu

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The "Nearest" osnap setting works best when designing solar systems. One can draw a line to the nearest star.:lol:

It is also handy when creating genealogy charts for connecting to your nearest relative.:lol:

This is why this tread is too long...

The thread is too long, because you have not responded to questions or information.

It took 30 posts before you posted a drawing.

You NEVER responded to the FACETRES=10 setting I suggested.

You have proceeded with an "AutoCAD is flawed" and an "everyone here has no clue" attitude.

YOU have the AutoCAD problem, the VOLUNTEER members of this forum are trying to help YOU.

I took your drawing and did a NEAREST SNAP no problem.

Your 3D Cylinder is NOT perfectly straight, it shows a double line when viewed from TOP view. You appear to be snapping to one edge and measuring to the other.

• 8 months later...

Sorry for rezzing an old thread, but did anyone else notice the UCS in the first pic indicated a 3D view?

It has the x,y,z axis visible. I wouldn't be surprised if SLW did, or everyone else near the end.