Inaccurate Nearest Osnap

Hi

My "Nearest" osnap is not even close to snapping to my circle.

All other snaps are working fine, nearest snap are working on lines and rectangles, not at all on circles.

Whats going on?

Image attached.

faen.jpg

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• aglaerum

• RobDraw

• ReMark

• MSasu

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

An it is not visual since the intersection snap will not accept this inaccuracy either, and if i zoom in the Snap symbol dissapears out of the view.

Did you do the REGEN before or after you zoomed in?

Perhaps you could explain what it is you are trying to do, and whether it involves zooming in a lot.

I tried the REGEN before and after, again and again, I am simply trying to snap the center og a circle to the nearest on another circle, it ends up almost 1mm of at my current circle size.

Not that much Zooming realy.

If I try it on any other thing than a Circle it works, not at all on circles, and it seems like the inaccuracy is dependent on the size of the circle, biger circle means its farther of its spot and so on.

I usually trust the Osnaps, but try snapping the centre of circle B, nearest to the circle A. Now take the distance between the centre of circle B, perpendicular to the circle A, and you will probably find that the distance is zero.

Perhaps you could post a drawing with those two circles in it.

Do you know how to do a transparent REGEN?

Why aren't you snapping from center on one circle to center on the second circle? I don't understand why you are using "nearest" on the second circle. "Nearest" to what?

So, are you looking to place the center of circle B in an arbitrary point on the circumference of circle A?

Try to draw a line that start from center of circle A and exceed its circumference and after try to use INTersection Osnap mode to see if there is any difference.

The inaccuracy is measurable, it is 0,04mm,more with bigger circle, but this is measured whitout Nearest snap on, as it will just snapp to the same point.

Transparent REGEN is new to me, could you explain?

Your crosshairs don't look right. Could this be something to do with your view or UCS?

My UCS is set to "Top" and my crosshairs are fine i think?

So, are you looking to place the center of circle B in an arbitrary point on the circumference of circle A?

Try to draw a line that start from center of circle A and exceed its circumference and after try to use INTersection Osnap mode to see if there is any difference.

I forgot to quote, but my new uploaded image is for you, and as you see it gives the same symptoms.

I think the circle is not on the same plane as the crosshairs.

Im not sure what you`re saying, could you elaborate?

My view is set to "Top" and my ucs is set to "Top", it there more?

Can you post this trouble-maker drawing here for further investigation?

Thank you or your dedication, but I dont think it will help, as i tried restarting autocad with a blank drawing, and the symptoms are still there, so its not realy a drawing spesific problem.