CHAMFEREDGE not full lenght

Lentezza

Hello,

I attached the drawing to make it more easy...

I have this classic kitchen situation: two boards (in the drawing one is a box, the other a extruded polyline) forming an inner corner. While chamfering all the outside edges I come across one edge (in the drawing the long one of the long board) where I want to chamfer the edge only from the right corner to the point where the two boards meet. How can I do this???

Thanx

Len

I Küche C & M 1.dwg

Sliced it, using SLICE. This cut off one part of the board removing it so I had to go back and make a copy of that part before UNION. All this worked however to arrive at the desired result.

Is there a better way for slicing? Which only cuts in two halfs?

Sliced it, using SLICE. This cut off one part of the board removing it so I had to go back and make a copy of that part before UNION. All this worked however to arrive at the desired result.

Yes. You could construct each board separately which I did not think was a requirement when I posted my first image.

CounterCulture.jpg

Now there are two. And "yes" it maintains the beveled inside corner.

When you use Slice you are given the option to keep both sides.

Read your command line.

InsideCorner.jpg

The portion of the corner circled in black seems like it would be a pain to cut into the countertop. Should the yellow part of the counter be cut in such a way as to create a 45 deg angle?

Actually the drawing is not meant for the shop but for the customer. I am going to do a drawing for the shop later, but there I won´t put the beveling and won´t have to worry about it. I am curios anyway how they are going to do this detail.

When I produce a thing like this in solid wood I mostly do it the way it is in my drawing and I finish the very corner manually. These boards thought are going to be made of stone.

Your solution is defintely more elegant but in practice would be done only with a beveling of bigger dimensions as it is also quite complex in production.

Thank you once again for your support and have a good day!