Annotative blocks?

Maybe I'm missing something but I don't seem to understand the fundamental way in which blocks work.

I work in many drawings that use viewports of varying scales. There is a symbol for testpits that I use and what I want is to insert a block that has annotative properties so that when I change the viewport scale, the block will show at its correct size vs paper space.

Anyways, I created this block and saved it to my documents. It is all drawn on layer 0 and I included an attribute that prompts for a testpit name (TP-x) etc when inserted. The problem is though when I insert this block into a drawing, it is not annotative. The only way I've been able to use an annotative block is to draw a new block in the current drawing I'm in, block it, and check off annotative. I don't' want to do this, I want the block that I have saved in my documents to be annotative when inserted and prompt me for the tag name.

Is there something I am missing here?

I've attached the block in question. Thanks.

TESTPIT-ANNO-TOM.dwg

I too would like to know this. I thought this would be something common. I just don't know how to do it. I'm still foggy on the whole annotative thing.

Guess I'm on my own.

Warning: I'm no expert when it comes to Annotative Scaling.

Maybe you would both benefit from David Cohn's AutoDesk University course entitled, "Annotation Scaling - Making Drawings Smarter with Intelligent Text." I've provided a link to a PDF below. A section about blocks starts on the bottom of page 10.

http://www.dscohn.com/AU/handouts/GD315-1P%20Annotation%20Scaling-DOC.pdf