new linetype for revision cloud

mabo86

Hi there..

can anyone please assist me on how to create a new linetype like this one.

at first i have to make normal cloud then trim the cloud between "||" and it takes ages to complete. :?

I did try to make the .lin file but it turned out like this :facepalm:

"*CLOUD,cloud

A,0,-183.205081,[DWG,C:\Users\admin\Desktop\Drawing1,s=1],-183.205081"

*close enough i think*

appreciate if you guys can assist me with this issue.

Thanks..

Edited by mabo86
removed borked images

Welcome to the forum Mabo86!

Please use the internal image software on this site to upload your image.

I would also recommend against having your email adress up there. First for your own sake but also because you'll likely get better help from the whole hive mind that is CadTutor than a single user via email.

There are a number of custom revision cloud lisp routines available that it makes me wonder why anyone at this point would need to develop a "cloud-like" linetype. Your cloud linetype has an intentional gap in it? Something else you can look at are lisp routines or custom lines used to draw a treeline as they are usually very similar to to a revision cloud.

thanks Tiger!!thanks for the comment.. i have upload the image below..

Hi there..

can anyone please assist me on how to create a new linetype like this one.

Untitled1.jpg

at first i have to make normal cloud then trim the cloud between "||" and it takes ages to complete. :?

I did try to make the .lin file but it turned out like this :facepalm:

"*CLOUD,cloud

A,0,-183.205081,[DWG,C:\Users\admin\Desktop\Drawing1,s=1],-183.205081"

*close enough i think*

Untitled.jpg

appreciate if you guys can assist me with this issue.

Thanks..

Untitled1.jpg

Untitled.jpg

We have to update our P&ID/equipment layout drawings. We usually use normal cloud to mark the scope of our project. But now we have 2 projects. Project A use normal cloud and project B use cloud with 2 vertical lines. We want to differentiate between those 2 projects.

I thought that is why the Revision block was created and the triangle with the number inside used to denote the areas of the drawing the revision applied to. You've heard of this method right?

What happens if there is a third revision? First revision = normal cloud. Second revision = cloud with "||". Third revision = ??

I have no idea how to do that, but I will suggest two alternatives.

1: use the Calligraphy style cloud for one revision and the Standard style for the other?

2. don't trim the cloud-lines, can't you have the two lines just across the cloud-line?

I understand if the line type is an order from above - but perhaps point out to who's in charge that you can do this, but it takes a lot of time and show another option.

You may start from this definition:

*MABO86_CLOUDLINE,Mobo86 cloud linetype _____||_____||_____||_____
A,.7,-.05,["||",STANDARD,S=.1,R=0.0,X=-0.06,Y=-.01],.1

I thought that is why the Revision block was created and the triangle with the number inside used to denote the areas of the drawing the revision applied to. You've heard of this method right?

What happens if there is a third revision? First revision = normal cloud. Second revision = cloud with "||". Third revision = ??

That's the thing!! Now they created cloud with triangles.. :? haha.. Our designers and drafters had pointed out for us to just use normal cloud but our QA/QC still want to maintain with the new cloud since we had used it for the previous project.

No, the cloud itself is not created with a triangle. A triangle, with a number inside of it, is placed next to the cloud the revision references. The same triangle and number is shown as the item number in the revision block of the drawing. This is pretty much a standard across many disciplines and I am surprised you are not aware of it.

Your company does utilize a revision block does it not?

What happens when there is a third revision?