Autodesk 2013 will not open! Triangle Exclamation Error.

seiz

I just updated my computer with the latest and greatest parts and was excited to open Revit 2013 and try it out. I installed it last night and tried to open it. The splash screen appears for a second and then closes. On the first try, a yellow triangle with an exclamation popped up, it hasn't happened since. I fixed the registry with MS fix it, uninstalled it, and reinstalled it. That didn't fix it.

I read that it was not compatible with hyperthreading 8 core CPUs. I don't think this is the issue, because I do not have a 8 core CPU.

I have a i7 3.5 Quad Core with Hyperthreading, 16 gigs RAM, 1 gig Graphics Card, and a Solid State Drive.

Event Log:

Faulting application name: Revit.exe, version: 2013.0.2012.221, time stamp: 0x4f445896

Faulting module name: mfc100u.dll, version: 10.0.40219.325, time stamp: 0x4df2cfdb

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x00000000001b3f41

Faulting process id: 0x11e0

Faulting application start time: 0x01cdb194db40dce8

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Revit 2013\Program\Revit.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\mfc100u.dll

Report Id: 1b0c40b3-1d88-11e2-ab86-3085a99594fb

Please help!!

Thanks

I just updated my computer with the latest and greatest parts and was excited to open Revit 2013 and try it out. I installed it last night and tried to open it. The splash screen appears for a second and then closes. On the first try, a yellow triangle with an exclamation popped up, it hasn't happened since. I fixed the registry with MS fix it, uninstalled it, and reinstalled it. That didn't fix it.

I read that it was not compatible with hyperthreading 8 core CPUs. I don't think this is the issue, because I do not have a 8 core CPU.

I have a i7 3.5 Quad Core with Hyperthreading, 16 gigs RAM, 1 gig Graphics Card, and a Solid State Drive.

Event Log:

Faulting application name: Revit.exe, version: 2013.0.2012.221, time stamp: 0x4f445896

Faulting module name: mfc100u.dll, version: 10.0.40219.325, time stamp: 0x4df2cfdb

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x00000000001b3f41

Faulting process id: 0x11e0

Faulting application start time: 0x01cdb194db40dce8

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Revit 2013\Program\Revit.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\mfc100u.dll

Report Id: 1b0c40b3-1d88-11e2-ab86-3085a99594fb

Please help!!

Thanks

Do you have this problem with both Revit and AutoCAD? Because in the Revit Forum you posted the same problem but for Revit and here you have posted it for AutoCAD

Please do not double post your threads and only post in the relavent Forum. One of the Mods will no doubt clean this up.

I downloaded directly from AutoDesk's website. I have tried most of the solutions you can find on the internet, but none work. I gave up trying to figure it out last night, and downloaded 2012 and it works.. Still no 2013

No, this issue would not affect any other software directly but a little research to find out if there are any issues, wouldn't hurt. Since this is happening to you over a couple programs, it may be a local problem and not with the software.

Ok good. I have done a few hours of research and uninstalled/installed the .NET files. I also deleted the registry issues and installed the programs again. The only thing I haven't done is reformat my hard drive. Thanks for your help.

I've never heard of Revit having any issues with any number of cores. Quite the contrary, I've read that the more you give it the better it runs.

Sounds like an installation issue to me as well.

Uninstall and then install it from the original media. If your installation was downloaded from Autodesk's website, re-download the install files (only if you don't have the original media) and try again.