Autocad 2012 for Mac, Shadows and Sun

bacchinif

Schermata%202012-10-23%20alle%202.42.30%20PM.png

I'd like to know how to draw windows' shadows on the floor. It's not important for me to get a good work in Autocad because I'm going to draw the whole stuff on paper with pencils.

I just want to understand how do shadows change during the day ( dawn, noon, sunset ) and get their measures.

I mean something like that

Schermata%202012-10-23%20alle%202.46.22%20PM.png

[ Turegano House on top ]

The only way to do that is by creating a 3D model and rendering the model with the sun as a light source. Looks like you have only drawn lines and lines, as far as I am aware, will not cast shadows in AutoCAD (on any platform). Honestly the best program for this is SketchUp as you can quickly do shadow studies with real time results.

The only way to do that is by creating a 3D model and rendering the model with the sun as a light source. Looks like you have only drawn lines and lines, as far as I am aware, will not cast shadows in AutoCAD (on any platform). Honestly the best program for this is SketchUp as you can quickly do shadow studies with real time results.

You're not the first to suggest me Google SketchUp. I'm totally dumb in using that program, would you be please so kind to explain me how to do that ?

The only one thing I'm able to do is switching the view from 3D to 2D.

Schermata%202012-10-24%20alle%209.07.58%20PM.png

Finally struggling hard I've done something like that.

I have just few questions for you :

How can I rotate the building's perimeter of 30 degrees ? [ Axonometry ]

How can I get exact measures and degrees of the lines forming the shadows ?

You really need to give your walls some thickness, as to better represent what they will really be.

You can rotate your model by whatever increment you need, use the rotate tool. Make sure you select your entire model.

Screenshot_2.jpg

As for the exact measure and degree of the shadows, I am not sure about that. Perhaps a plug-in can do that for you.

Schermata%202012-10-24%20alle%209.07.58%20PM.png

Finally struggling hard I've done something like that.

I have just few questions for you :

How can I rotate the building's perimeter of 30 degrees ? [ Axonometry ]

How can I get exact measures and degrees of the lines forming the shadows ?

You really need to give your walls some thickness, as to better represent what they will really be.

You can rotate your model by whatever increment you need, use the rotate tool. Make sure you select your entire model.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]38156[/ATTACH]

As for the exact measure and degree of the shadows, I am not sure about that. Perhaps a plug-in can do that for you.

Schermata%202012-10-24%20alle%2010.58.38%20PM.png

The image on top is the completed building.

The image below is what I see after pressing "isonometric"

Schermata%202012-10-24%20alle%2011.01.48%20PM.png

Which plug-in should I look for to measure shadows ?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]38156[/ATTACH]

Which plug-in should I use to measure the shadows ?

I honestly don't know as I really don't understand why you need that. Simply google "sketchup shadow plugins" and see what you find. I know I have seen a few but I did not look into them as I did not need them. Good luck :)

I honestly don't know as I really don't understand why you need that. Simply google "sketchup shadow plugins" and see what you find. I know I have seen a few but I did not look into them as I did not need them. Good luck :)

I'm wondering how can I draw a flat roof.

Then is it possibile to hide it and some walls in order to see all the shadows projected on the inner walls ?

Sure that is easy, just draw the roof on another layer. That way you can turn that layer off and see inside the model. You also might want to look into using groups.

Sure that is easy, just draw the roof on another layer. That way you can turn that layer off and see inside the model. You also might want to look into using groups.

I'm sorry but i'm having serious problems in gettin an axonometric view 30/60.

This is the final result and i'm sure this is not what i'm looking for. Even though one of the side is tilted of 30 degrees the other one is not 60

Schermata%202012-10-25%20alle%2010.58.22%20PM.png

Yeah again, I have not needed to set an axonometric view in SU so I am not sure it can be done. Just do a web search on this topic and see what you can find.