Help Files Display Blank Search Tab

caddcop

On certain versions of AutoCAD (with Civil 3D) certain of my help files have all four tabs - Contents, Index, Favorites and Search, but when you select the Search tab, it is a blank area. And, the cursor displays as a left-right resize cursor while in the blank area. On other help files, all four tabs function as expected.

I can open most of the other CHM files and most of those work as expected. As I understand it, the Contents pane is displaying links to these other CHM files and making them appear to be a single large help file.

I have discovered my AutoCAD and Map CHM file cannot display the normal search pane and also are lacking a Favorites tab.

I can't seem to find a way to search for any help on this in Google as it directs me to help on Windows Search and not to help on Windows Help Search.

Are you on 2008 or are you using a newer version? I ask because I have a similar problem with 2013 and it because of the on line help and local IT security settings keeping me from getting through to the help. I had d/l the off line help and it works pretty well.

We actually have 4 versions installed, from 2008 to 2012. On my PC, I'm still on XP and since some search panes work and others don't I can't figure out what the issue is.

Edited by caddcop
Typo