Point Block Rotation Grip?

PaulS00

Hello,

I remember from C3D 2011 that point blocks could be manually rotated by simply clicking on the point and grabbing the green rotation grip. However, in C3D 2013 I don't see the rotation grip and now have to edit the point and type the rotation factor in manually, which is a big PITA when do many points.

Is there another way to manually rotate points without having to edit each point? Thanks

You can edit or create a new POINT LABEL STYLE and set a rotation to the text, then just set those points you need rotated to that label style.

When doing topos, say for example I have a bunch of square storm drain inlets that need to be aligned to a curb. I can't use a uniform rotation angle since they will all be different.

Does that make sense?

Yeah that makes sense. Bring up the POINT EDITOR, find the point you want to rotate, scroll all the way to the right and there is a column called MARKER ROTATION with a green box for each point, click the green box, then select two spots along the curb to set the point markers rotation. Hope I explained that good enough.

Yeah that makes sense. Bring up the POINT EDITOR, find the point you want to rotate, scroll all the way to the right and there is a column called MARKER ROTATION with a green box for each point, click the green box, then select two spots along the curb to set the point markers rotation. Hope I explained that good enough.

Yeah, I know how to do that. Having the ability to just click on the point block, grab a grip, and rotate it is much faster than using the point editor.