Fill/Hatch a model sketch

JillAW

Hi,

I'm working with an Inventor 2011 Drawing file (.dwg), making a 2D drawing of a part file. The part file includes a sketch on one of the faces.

For the drawing, I want to fill/hatch the model sketch. How do I get Inventor to recognize this sketch while in "create sketch" mode of my drawing?

I cannot project this sketch geometry, and I cannot 'snap' a line to the the endpoints of the sketch (attempting to trace it).

Many thanks!

Click on the view.

Hit S on the keyboard to start sketch in the view.

Once you have a closed boundary you will be able to hatch.

Attach the file here if you can't figure it out.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you, JD Mather.

But my question remains:while creating a drawing, I want to 'sketch' on top of a sketch that I import from my model file. When in the "line" command in a drawing sketch, the endpoints of model sketch are not recognized. That is, I can't create a drawing sketch by tracing over the model sketch because lines do not "snap" to the model sketch (the model sketch does not seem to be recognized while in drawing sketch mode).