My first model from scratch - our royal living room - help, please?

AlienBZ

Something is very wrong with your carpet. You need to play around with the hair and fur parameters a little more. And are you sure you want shag carpeting throughout the whole room?

You also need to add some light. Put in a Daylight System.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AlienBZ

• Cad64

• markwheeler303

• Raudel Solis

Something is very wrong with your carpet.

such as?

could you please point them out?

And are you sure you want shag carpeting throughout the whole room?

yes. back in the mid 1960's - 1970's i'd see a shag carpet covering the whole floor of one room such as the living room or one of the bedrooms when i was younger and my parents used to take my sisters to their music teacher's house about 5 or 6 miles from where we lived.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 years later...
Do you really need me to tell you what's wrong?

I happened to be wandering through different post and came to this gem. I almost fell out of my chair when I saw this...

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...
Cad64, you are one very patient man, and that guy has a full teflon coating.

Thanks Mark, I always try to be patient with everyone. I still remember how difficult it was to figure out this program when I was starting out. There weren't any good forums like this back in 2002, so I learned by reading books and digging around online for tutorials, which were all text back then. Not much video training available like there is now with Youtube and other sources.

I wonder what ever happened to this guy? He had zero experience with 3D but he wanted to create an animated movie about his life. If you go through the forum you will find dozens of threads, just like this one, with him asking questions and me trying in vain to explain the techniques and procedures necessary to accomplish each task. This went on for well over a year. I tried my best but he just wasn't getting it. I also found him on several other forums asking the same questions, but the people on those other forums weren't nearly as patient as I was. Some of them were actually quite nasty. I'm guessing he probably gave up.

Thanks Mark, I always try to be patient with everyone. I still remember how difficult it was to figure out this program when I was starting out. There weren't any good forums like this back in 2002, so I learned by reading books and digging around online for tutorials, which were all text back then. Not much video training available like there is now with Youtube and other sources.

I wonder what ever happened to this guy? He had zero experience with 3D but he wanted to create an animated movie about his life. If you go through the forum you will find dozens of threads, just like this one, with him asking questions and me trying in vain to explain the techniques and procedures necessary to accomplish each task. This went on for well over a year. I tried my best but he just wasn't getting it. I also found him on several other forums asking the same questions, but the people on those other forums weren't nearly as patient as I was. Some of them were actually quite nasty. I'm guessing he probably gave up.

The current training is actually pretty good. I just signed up for 3DS Max 2018 and Lynda.com training. I've done about 2 hours training so far and it answers every question this guy ever asked plus a tonne more.

I'll more than likely become a frequent poster on this sub forum soon once I start playing around in Max and get frustrated!

I don't think this guy had the natural design gene. Some of us do, but unfortunately most of us don't! I take my hat of to you mate, your patience and clear and concise instruction was just lost on the poor guy!