managing dwgs of parts used in multiple assemblies

the downing effect

We use simple line drawings of parts. Some of these parts are used in multiple products, however if a change is made to a drawing it has to be replaced in all the other locations :o

I have tried to get them to go to 3d modeling and xref in the parts but apparently that is not acceptable :?, since there is no master assembly, but instead folders of dwgs is there an easier way of managing this?

:glare:I tried, as embarrassing as it is, I have to scale down drawings and create a printable e size sheet in model space.... I have tried to show them paper space and annotative dims but it is falling on deaf ears.

now they have decided they want me to save everything dxf so I have to figure out why my dimstyle is getting lost in translation.

I probably should, but I know I can make a difference in the long run. It's just dealing with the problems and trying to be more creative with the solutions. :)

Eventually they will have to listen 8)