ACAD MEP - Plotting

The Santo

In desperate need of help!

Is there a 'special' set up for plotting in MEP? What I want to do is have shadeplot "hidden" on my viewport but keep the duct centrelines. We don't want to send our client 2D wireframe type drawings AND we don't want to have to manually re-do the centrelines.

You can control centerlines by editing the Style or the Display Manager. For the "hidden view" this depends: are you meaning in a Plan View or an Elevation View?

this also might have something to do with the hotfix that would not hide lines in sections (cuts)... there is a patch available at autodesk or just doe a search "no hidden lines in sections' etc

Hey guys thanks for getting back to me. It was a combination of realising 'not' to use shadeplots i.e. utilising the display manager setting AND some glitches in the program.

After playing with the Display Manager settings I got the correct view (things hidden that are supposed to be hidden and centrelines on). I still had an issue of random lines and objects missing (even though they had clearly been selected to be shown) on a Section View. The support company basically said "there's nothing we can do, it's a **** program" and encouraged us to ditch ACAD MEP and move to Revit MEP.

They also said that we'll be pushed by Autodesk towards Revit MEP and eventually ACAD MEP will be 'dead', in a few years. Have you heard anything similar? I'm not happy with the software and will be evaluating others over the next few weeks anyways but I am concerned they are just giving us crap service and trying to sell us another product.

Thanks a bunch.

Hey guys thanks for getting back to me. It was a combination of realising 'not' to use shadeplots i.e. utilising the display manager setting AND some glitches in the program.

After playing with the Display Manager settings I got the correct view (things hidden that are supposed to be hidden and centrelines on). I still had an issue of random lines and objects missing (even though they had clearly been selected to be shown) on a Section View. The support company basically said "there's nothing we can do, it's a **** program" and encouraged us to ditch ACAD MEP and move to Revit MEP.

They also said that we'll be pushed by Autodesk towards Revit MEP and eventually ACAD MEP will be 'dead', in a few years. Have you heard anything similar? I'm not happy with the software and will be evaluating others over the next few weeks anyways but I am concerned they are just giving us crap service and trying to sell us another product.

Thanks a bunch.

AutoCAD MEP won't be "dead". That's for the market to decide. AMEP is still plenty useful. And moving to Revit MEP will not make you any faster or better, yet. I agree that Revit is a phenomenal program, but it lacks a lot of content so you have to build it yourself. And it's not simple to just dive into Revit and start running. You will have to crawl, then walk, then run and it takes quite some time.

AutoCAD MEP just has to be well thought out is all. I've never had any real issues with plotting. Can you upload the file, or a sample of the file so I can take a look? I'll check out the issues and tweak it for you and re-upload, with a complete description.