Object selection

anp2012

Hi All,

In general, we can select the objects first and then run a command. I have a problem with this, autocad wont let this in my PC. If i select objects and run a command, autocad wont take the selection and prompts to select objects. I work on PC in a company connected to server, but the problem is only on my PC.:(

Thanks all for the reply

It sounds like your OPTIONS settings on the SELECTION tab

are keeping you from being able to do that.

Refer to the image, and I believe that will solve your problem.

noun verb selection.JPG

It sounds like your OPTIONS settings on the SELECTION tab

are keeping you from being able to do that.

Refer to the image, and I believe that will solve your problem.

Am greatful to you it solved my problem. But why is that selection called NOUN/VERB.....!

That is the PICKFIRST system variable, and you want it set to 1, like most users.

If you look at this description from the SYSVDLG dialog box, it will probably make more sense to you.

If you have never explored it, the SYSVDLG command opens a whole new world, of easy access to the

various optional settings used by the software, to define how commands work.

If you want to experiment with different system variable settings, make sure you write down each one you change, lest you want to undo something, and can't recall what you changed.

pickfirst set to 1.jpg

But why is that selection called NOUN/VERB.....!

I would guess that it is a grammar analogy. See the "verb" as the edit command, respectively the affected items as the "noun".

Given what the words mean (noun = name, verb=action) I'd guess that noun-verb is supposed to indicate that you select an object rather then select an action, rather than the more traditional (in AutoCAD) select the action then the object.

dJE