"Too Many Arguments" Error while trying to use Lee Mac's Batch Find and Replace...

lamensterms

Hey guys,

I realize the best person to quiz about this problem would be Lee himself, but I figure he is a very busy man and hopefully someone else might be able to help me out as well.

I am trying to run his Batch Find and Replace routine (http://www.lee-mac.com/bfind.html) and I am getting the ** Error: too many arguments ** message.

The code is far too sophisticated for me to troubleshoot this error, but it is worth me mentioning that I am running AutoCAD 2010 with ProSteel. It seems that the ProSteel package has somehow interfered with how the LISP routines run… as I get the same ** Error: too many arguments ** message when trying to run most (if not all) the Express Tool LISP routines as well.

Please let me know if you have any solutions or work-arounds for this problem.

I look forward to hearing back from you guys.

Cheers.

-----EDIT------

I tried to do a debug in the VLIDE, please find attached the error break - if I even did it correctly.

Thanks again.

BFindErrorBreak.jpg

BFindErrorBreak.pdf

Edited by lamensterms

Given the result of your debugging, I would confidently assert that the AutoLISP set function is being redefined by your ProSteel package, and that this redefinition of the set function requires only a single argument, rather than two as required by the inbuilt set function, hence resulting in the error that the function is being supplied with 'too many arguments'.

This can be verified by the help documentation of the set function, which states that the function require two arguments (sym & expr) and noting that my code is supplying the function with exactly two arguments.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for taking the time to get back to me Lee. I'm not sure I can do anything about the way that ProSteel is altering the SET function...

I'll keep it in mind and let you know if I come across anything.

Thanks again.

PS: Sorry for the late reply.