Orthographic to Isometric help

dantheman

Hi,

I am trying to draw an isometric version of this part from first angle orthographic projections. But for the life of me I can't, I have never been good at nets/prAttachment ortho to iso.jpgojections etc. Can anyone help?

You should start by calling the DSETTINGS command and in Snap tab chouse Isometric Snap - this will allow you to draw in 3 planes. May check this demo for details.

But if you are familiar with 3D modeling, then buid the shape using solid entities and get his view with SOLPROF (in a Layout tab).

You should start by calling the DSETTINGS command and in Snap tab chouse Isometric Snap - this will allow you to draw in 3 planes. May check this demo for details.

But if you are familiar with 3D modeling, then buid the shape using solid entities and get his view with SOLPROF (in a Layout tab).

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, I have all that setup on autocad, I'm just having a problem with the whole visualization thing, I am not 100% sure of what the isometric version should look like/how to put the orthographic designs together to form the isometric shape. Once I can do that, I will be able to draw it in autocad.

Did you checked the tutorial from the above link? Also, may do some searches on the Forum for previouss discussions on this matter.

Yeah I did check it out, however I am able to do what the tutorial showed. It's more complicated drawings I am having a problem with. Have done a basic search but can't find what I am looking for. Could you possibly draw a rough sketch for me so I can reverse engineer that and see how you got the shape? How would you combine them into an isometric drawing?

Anyone? Any help? I just need to know the shape the isometric projection should be so I can create it in autocad.

it will look something like this :)

ISO.jpg

I would much rather MODEL this, than DRAW it, I guess nod would agree with that.

Once it is modeled and you have chosen an isometric perspective, there are lots of different ways to draw it.

You are using 2012, so you have the VIEWBASE functionality, which is the easiest of them all. :)

modeling it is easier than drawing it.jpg

Edited by Dadgad

The attached images took all of about 2 minutes to generate including changing the layers and color displays of the hidden lines which are shown in pink, by using the VIEWBASE command.

viewbase in about a minute or two.JPG

Edited by Dadgad

@Dadgad nice detailed presentation

but i think you got the top view wrong as per his attached image.

the "bar" at the front / bottom does not extend to the rear side. it stops at the sloped portion...that's why he has the 30.5 vertical hidden line

see my isometric

ISO2.jpg

Thanks for being so diplomatic nod, right you are. :beer:

Using first projection really screws with my head, I always use 3rd projection.

I will go back and correct my model, thanks for bringing it to my attention. :)

Edited by Dadgad

Thanks for being so diplomatic nod, right you are. :beer:

Using first projection really screws with my head, I always use 3rd projection.

I will go back and correct my model, thanks for bringing it to my attention. :)

you're welcome. I got it wrong the first time too that's why i noticed :D

Thanks a lot guys, all of your this helped a lot!

you're welcome :)