Perpendicular Line from A Line

Dear All

I am new to this forum.

I have a drawn a line at any angle say 39.43. I want to draw a line from this line @ perpendicular from this line. How to draw this.

Thanks

Type Line

Click somewhere away from the line then go:

Shift+ right click

This will give you a menu and goto perpendicular then click near the line once a perp symbol comes up

You may want to try OSNAP and turn on some object snaps.

Welcome to CADTutor. :)

There is an option in the POLAR object snap settings,

as shown in the image which can be used to make this quite easy.

Of course you would need to have POLAR SNAP enabled.

polar relative to last line.JPG

Use the PERPENDICULAR snap. Hover on the line for a moment and you will see "Deferred Perpendicular", Left-Click then place other end of line.

what settings do you have to pull this off? I hoover all day long (get it? get it) and don't see anything..

Edit and Update:

I can get this to work, but only if I draw the new line from a OSnap point (say ENDpoint or MIDpoint) not if I use NEArest to just snap to the line. So good trick, but missing a note for my taste.

what settings do you have to pull this off? I hoover all day long (get it? get it) and don't see anything..

Edit and Update:

I can get this to work, but only if I draw the new line from a OSnap point (say ENDpoint or MIDpoint) not if I use NEArest to just snap to the line. So good trick, but missing a note for my taste.

Use PERPINDICULAR snap from the Shift+Right-Click, nothing else to do. Only works with LINE command, but object can be non line.

Use PERPINDICULAR snap from the Shift+Right-Click, nothing else to do. Only works with LINE command, but object can be non line.

Works with PLines too.

yeah, couldn't get it to work first. But I realised that it only works if the FROM-point is an actual OSnap, like and ENDpoint or a MIDpoint. What I can't do is start the PLine-command, snap to the other line with the NEAreste snap and then draw PERpendicular from that point.