I need clarifications on some drafting standards

Abbyjay

Can anyone tell me or send me some links concerning Revision clouds and triangles. When a drawing is supplied As Built, do all of the clouds and triangle have to be removed. When a new revision is made after the As Built version do we absolutly have to put revision clouds and triangle or is the revision description in the title block enough. Also, when a drawing is supplied by another drafting company they put their logo, when a revision is done by a different company should the original logo be replaced or redimensioned to add the new revisers logo.

Thanks to you all

Genova :)

I relocated your thread to the CAD Management forum.

As Builts should start with no revisions and reflect the current status as it was installed/built (I use Revision 0-As Built).

I prefer just to enter revisions in the revision section of titleblock, but my boss likes the triangle and cloud. You should only have clouds and triangles for LATEST Revision. Most everything else is subject to personal or company preferences/standards.

By definition "As Built" drawings are a record of what was built, no revisions. It is an entirely different set of drawings from the design package. Once built, it is not going to change unless there is a renovation. If a renovation has been done since the last set of "As Built" drawings, then a new set of drawings is required. They may be very similar to the previous set but a have a new date. I've never seen any drawings with a logo from a drafting company. Any logos from design firms should be removed unless they are the ones supplying the "As Built" drawings and choose to include it. Often times, the as builts are different from the design and the design firm is usually not responsible for documenting those differences. Including their logo on as builts could have some legal ramifications.