Problem in moving and subtracting

hemal

I want to subtract smaller solid from bigger solid.I can not understand how to move smaller solid and place it in front of bigger solid. if possible please, explain whole procedure in detail.

where in the bigger solid do you want the smaller solid be placed?

simple way is to issue MOVE command then select the smaller solid. When ask for basepoint, select the midpoint of the top plane of smaller solid. then second point of displacement pick any midpoint of the top plane of the bigger solid.

then turn on your ortho and move it around the bigger solid

run SUBTRACT, pick the bigger solid then press enter

then select the smaller solid then press enter and thats it.

I don't know if AutoCAD 2010 has it, but see if you have the OSNAPZ variable. This "locks" everything on the Z axis. This is great when you want to be in a Plan View and move/rotate objects around but you don't want them moving in the Z direction (eg: moving up or down without you realizing it). This way you still work in a 2D environment that you're comfortable or used to, and utilizing 2D OSNAPS. I do this a lot actually in my 3D work.