MEP to PCF file for AUtoCAD Isometric WS

Pipeprincess

Im new to CADTutor, and fairly new to AutoCAD. I used to use Plant 3D which has the ability to create PCF's and Isometric drawings, but Im now using MEP. for the most part, a better solution for our company, but now we cant create isomtric shop drawings. AutoCAD now has Isometric WS CLoud. Any ideas how we can create a PCF file from an AutoCAD MEP 2013 drawing? its seems rediculous that it cant???

it seems like Isometric WS is real loser :( if you can only use with Plant 3D

I'm proficient in AutoCAD MEP and I've never seen support for PCF files. I just double checked any Import/Export options and nothing. Granted, the info you're after is basically the same but I guess Plant 3D has use for the PCF filetype and AutoCAD MEP doesn't.

Might want to contact Autodesk support to see if there's any option available, or even a plugin or extra download in the Support Center.

• 3 years later...

The only ADSK product I know of to date that converts a CAD file to PCF is ADSK Fabrication CADmep. You have to right click on screen for the screen menu->CADmep->Utilities->Export PCF File. You can even import a Revit file into Fab CADmep and convert that, like if you need to do pipe stress analysis on a Revit model.