XREFS in AutoCad 2013LT

khelms

Questions folks. Sorry if it is an ignorant one, but I can't seem to figure this one out myself.

I was opening files and autocad was telling me that some xrefs were missing from the drawing, did I want to locate the xrefs or ignore (I hit ignore and accidentally checked the always do this to these types of files). Now, when I load a drawing I can not get the building to load into the drawings.

Can anyone tell me how to turn the locate feature back on for xrefs? Thanks for any help.

When you type in xref in your command line, does a xref window show up? Does it show a xref that is missing? I would think that if you right clicked on it and tried to reattach it again, it should work.

Rasa, it does show the files that are missing. However it is a file that someone sent to me and the file that's missing says it can't be found. Does this mean that i can't properly view the drawing. I tried to attach the dwg. that is of that area however it does not attach it correctly. I am wondering how to turn the auto-locate feature on that I turned off when I told CAD to ignore the xrefs when opening the files.

Thanks for the help.

I am not sure if this will bring back the dialog box about missing xref but try typing XREFNOTIFY and see what value it is. Is it (0)? If so, change it to (2).That may bring it back.

Welcome to the forum. :)

You will need to go into the OPTIONS and open the HIDDEN MESSAGES SETTINGS, to turn them back on.

This screenshot is from Autocad Vanilla, not LT, but I suspect it will be quite similar in LT.

hidden messages settings access.JPG

Welcome to the forum. :)

You will need to go into the OPTIONS and open the HIDDEN MESSAGES SETTINGS, to turn them back on.

This screenshot is from Autocad Vanilla, not LT, but I suspect it will be quite similar in LT.

Dang,you guys are good! :notworthy:

We aim to please, and happy to be of assistance. :D

Now you know where to go when your KNEE-JERK reactor

system goes into overdrive.

Always a good idea to take a moment to understand the question,

before firing off a multiple guess sort of a response. :beer:

Always a good idea to take a moment to understand the question,

before firing off a multiple guess sort of a response. :beer:

At my level of experience, that is how I survive ;)

• 4 months later...

Hey Dadgad, I see that you have a much greater knowledge of AutoCad than me. I am in need of ALOT of help, I've some issues that I have never ran into before. I was curious before I started posting a million questions on here if maybe getting an hour of your time for some 1-on-1 help was possible? maybe through skype, or oovoo, or anything else I can use to chat quickly and share pictures? (apparently I have really specific questions that I searched for, and I am coming up with nothing:(.)

If not, Id hate to waste time so here is my first question. Below is a screenshot of a dwg that I cannot click or edit in any way, but i can draw on top of it. Read-Only is not the case (I checked), I wanna know why it is completely grayed-out and is there a way I can change it so the dwg can be edited and etc?

Question 2: it shows all those missing xrefs on the side there, I have all those files yet it still says they are missing..no clue how to handle that, if there is even anything to be handled..

screenshot 1.jpg