conduit disappears in 3Dorbit mode and some viewports

Ravenstown

I am having a problem with the electrical conduit disappearing when I change my model space from "2D wireframe" to "realistic" and go into 3D Orbit. All other entities remain but the conduit will disappear. This is a new problem that never has happened before with my current file. I work at two locations and it is happening on both computers (with the same file).

Also in paper space... the viewports that are set to "realistic" are now having the same issue. Sometimes only portions of the conduit will show. I even try to toggle between 2D wireframe and realistic to get it to regen but no change. That used to work.

Drawing file is just over 11MB. I use Autocad MEP 2013, Windows 7. Both computers have ample RAM and 3D video cards.

I think you have a RAM issue, try using CONCEPTUAL visual style instead of REALISTIC, that may help.

As soon as you stop orbiting the image regenerates and displays properly, right?

When I exit the 3D orbit and the drawing regenerates the conduit does not re-appear. It only re-appears when I toggle back to 2D wireframe and set the view to TOP.

Is your DISPSILH value set to 1?

If you orbit starting from 2D wireframe, can you see the conduit during the orbit?

Changed setting to 1 but the conduit disappeared as soon as i clicked on 3DORBIT command

Have you tried an Audit on the drawing? I'm just guessing MEP has that.

You might try rebuilding the conduit.

Tried AUDIT several times already... no errors every time

Sounds more like a graphics card issue to me. Is hardware acceleration on or off?

I just upgraded to a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 and doubled my RAM to 16GB. Where do I check the hardware acceleration setting?

I pulled up one of my older CAD files (about 6 months old) and the conduit does not disppear when I go into 3DORBIT so it would seem like it would have to be in this peticular file. Maybe a display manager setting?

How could it be a MEP bug if I have other drawing files where this does not happen? I opened an earlier version of this same file (about 1 month earlier) and everything is OK there, the display manager settings for CONDUIT appear to be the same. I don't know what it is but it only affects the conduit regardless of the layer it is on. Other entities of the same layers still appear.