Keyboard shortcut (OSNAP) doesn't work

rustedbar

Im using acad 12 and i have the same problem with the keyboard shortcuts. I've created the shortcuts following the instructions and unfortunately not successful. like when inserting a line, to mid point of another line, the shortcut for snap won't work...

Hi Rustedbar, and welcome to the forum.

I moved your question to its own thread.

Have you tried changing PICKFIRST to 1?

What instructions have you followed?

Tiger, thanks for the reply.

The instructions i followed were from the "ACAD F1" showing a clip on how to add keyboard shortcuts, unfortunately it did not work.

I tried you tip "PICKFIRST to 1", the default is already 1.

What i'm trying to achieve were the same commands i use on ACAD 2000, where you can hang a command like "line", then zoom in and out and then use the osnap shortcuts like "ctrl+shift B" (snap to center) from the keyboard without losing your the primary command.

The correct terminology is "transparent". If you wanted to use a command transparently in the middle of another command you would have to enter an apostrophe (') before entering the command.

Not all commands can be used transparently. In such a case AutoCAD responds ** That command may not be invoked transparently **.

• 2 weeks later...

ReMark, transparent is correct, but going back to Acad 2000 to 2004, you can create and use custom keyboard commands like "ctrl+shift B" (snap to center) while a current command is still active like "line". I have used this for 10 years without using ('). I just don't know if it still can be done with 2012

Im using acad 12 and i have the same problem with the keyboard shortcuts. I've created the shortcuts following the instructions and unfortunately not successful. like when inserting a line, to mid point of another line, the shortcut for snap won't work...

Those are already built into the OOTB CUI, open CUI, go to keyboard overrides, note what keys they are set to, leave the CUI and use those.