Paper dims change after export to pdf

woodworks

Don't think this is a dimassociate problem because dimensions of model are fine in paper space. So I save drawing, even tried regen, then export to pdf for customer, and most of the pdf dimensions are jumbled and in paper space scale. Dimenions are not annotative. I have attached before and after. Anyone have an idea what is happening?

plan_view_paper_dims.jpg

export_to_pdf.jpg

I was able to delete enough of drawing to resize and upload. Dimensions had same problem when exporting to pdf from layout. My luck it won't happen when you try it. Thanks in advance.

Trial.dwg

it looks like the measurement 34 1/2 was not effected like the rest were. I would start by finding out what is different about that dimension

when i opened your file, the viewport is only on paper space and so are the dimensions. put your dimensions in model space. then, still in model space, make a viewport and click the option "automatic view creation in.." and choose the paper space viewport.

I have always preferred to dimension model in paperspace. As you suggested I made a viewport from model space but didn't see the option "automatic view creation in"

you should get this box. if not try double-clicking the viewport in model space. also make sure the current one in your paper space is deleted

22.jpg

as for actually putting dimensions in paperspace, I highly suggest you do dimension in model space. that is what viewports are for. it will let you rescale your dimensions based on the viewport. Out of all the drafters I know, none of them dimension in paper space. I am sure most people here will agree.

Maybe mechanical is different somehow. Couldn't find the box you showed in autocad 2012. It sure seems easier to dimension cabinets in paper space rather than constantly moving, rotating the ucs to attach dimensions to the model. I did it for a while. Dimensioning in paperspace has worked well until this problem started.

shop_kitchen.jpg

as for actually putting dimensions in paperspace, I highly suggest you do dimension in model space. that is what viewports are for. it will let you rescale your dimensions based on the viewport. Out of all the drafters I know, none of them dimension in paper space. I am sure most people here will agree.

I do all my dimensioning in paper space and have done so for quite some time. I find annotative scaling to be a pain to use. The only time I have ever encountered a problem is when I have failed to make my dimensions "associative". I also find that those who insist on dimensioning 3D models, in realistic, conceptual or 3D hidden visual styles, while in a layout tend to have more than their fair share of weird things happen. Personally I think a lot has to do with what geometry they think they are dimensioning versus what AutoCAD thinks they have selected. What-you-see-is-NOT-exactly-what-you-get.

Remark, I think I understand what you are saying so I go to my layout which has a viewport. I then double click inside viewport, now model space. Change visual style to 3d wireframe. Double click outside of viewport, now in paper space. Proceed to dimension wireframe of model in paperspace. All associative dimensions are correct. Export to pdf, all is good. Then I want to change visual style back to hidden because wireframe is confusing to customers. Dimensions freak out back to jumbled. Still not sure what would cause this to happen. I appreciate your advise

you should get this box. if not try double-clicking the viewport in model space. also make sure the current one in your paper space is deleted

That is only available in mechanical, not vanilla AutoCAD.