Autocad 2013 presspull freeze

ckaramfilov

Hello guys! I have a problem with the presspull command in autocad 2013. When i click on it the program completely freezes and needs to be restarted. Can you help me with this problem? I am working on windows 7 ultimate.

PC specs: 32 gb ram 3gb video 2.8 quad core intel i7

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ckaramfilov

• ReMark

• Alzer

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not exactly the answer I was searching for but it does offer some interesting new information.

So the problem is file specific. Can you attach a copy of the DWG file to your next post?

I just fired up AutoCAD so this will take a moment. What geometry are you using the command on?

Are you relatively new to AutoCAD?

I ask because I notice you have 224 duplicate objects and 266 overlapping objects in your drawing. To me that says "non-standard" drafting practices.

Normally i want to use it on a building elevation and plan to create a 3d model but i cant. At the moment when i click it and drag the cursor in the dwaring area it freezes. Its not a difficult geometry i think some arcades, rectangular walls and colums

I acctualy cant presspull anything because the program freezes in the moment when i cick on the presspull command icon and drag the cursor in the drawing box. But in my mind i want to make the roofs

i am not new i am using it for 2 years. Actually its not me who designed this. Its for my studio at school and i am charched to make the 3d from this. Those were given to me. And to be honesed i dont know what those things mean.

i am not new i am using it for 2 years. Actually its not me who designed this. Its for my studio at school and i am charched to make the 3d from this. Those were given to me. And to be honesed i dont know what those things mean.
i was talking for the meaning of those things 224 duplicate objects and 266 overlapping objects

It means the drawing wasn't done very well. That is as nicely as I can phrase it.

For example, you may have one line sitting right on top of another. To the human eye it may appear that there is only one line but in reality when AutoCAD is trying to do a PressPull on an area where this has occurred it may cause AutoCAD to do something unexpected such as freeze or fail to complete the operation. Another common example is when a person is sloppy with their intersections and one line overlaps another instead of ending cleanly.

Aha ok i understand. Put i dont even reach the moment whe i have to prespull. Its freezes directly after when i push the presspull icon without pressing anything on the model

i was talking for the meaning of those things 224 duplicate objects and 266 overlapping objects

The objects were found with the aid of the OVERKILL command. Typical used to clean up drawings where attention to detail may have taken a back seat to speed or where the originator was a complete novice in CAD and unfamiliar with drafting technique as well.

My system is nowhere near as good as yours but after running the OVERKILL command I am able to work on most parts of your drawing. There are still one or two sections where I can lock my system up.

No, it is not a software problem per se. Even after running OVERKILL myself upon taking a closer look at your drawing I still find places where the underlying geometry is flawed. You're not going to make a good milkshake with sour milk no matter how hard you try.