Display block scale

I've searched all over the interweb for this, but no joy:

what I want is to create a block which contains a bit of text displaying the scale (X scale only) of the block. Then, if I change the block's scale it will also update. Is this possible??

I've tried this every way I can, but can't get it to work. I've added a field to my block to display the X Scale, added my prefix & suffix etc etc which is all fine, but it doesn't update when I change my block's scale.

I don't think this can (easilly) be achieved.

This is along the same lines as the "can I type 1 piece of text to display in many places. Some claim you can but the hoops they jump through are in my mind too complicated to be of pratical use and nearly always involves selecting the current block as the source of the text or, in this case scale.

You can get a block to reference itself to display the scale but once you write the block the scale reference links back to the original block.

I would be happy for somebody to prove me wrong though. :thumbsup:

It has to be an attribute "Block Place Holder" field is the trick..

Thank you KT.

I have never used the "block place holder" field before. Must find a use for it. :)

Thank you KT.

I have never used the "block place holder" field before. Must find a use for it. :)

Your welcome, you will find many uses for it as its the only way to apply certain fields "block fields" when in the block editor, have fun ;)

Thanks KT - I will give this a go. Shame you have to regen with each change though....

Your welcome hope it works for you.

Regen

Thats AutoCad for you lets see regen for the sheet set manager if you update a sheet, regen for linestyles if linked to annotation scaling, i could go on :)..

Well, that almost works how I want it to. I have re-defined my block with the scale attribute showing, and after re-scaling (and of course a regen!) it shows the new scale just right. I've then tried to use it on a live drawing where I need to use BLOCKREPLACE to replace my colleague's block with this new one. Problem is that doing a BLOCKREPLACE does not show the attribute - this only displays if I insert a new block. Any ideas to get round this?

My bad i forgot is was "block" scale field so yes you will be fine with attsync :shock: damn my day job

Edited by KiLLiNG-TiME

aww.... but having said that, I have just done attsync on my replaced block and my scale now shows up! :)

Yes your lucky because the field is only related to the block ;)

Glad you got there in the end 8)