problems with pipes in section views

sandiegophil

Hello,

I have a pipe from a pipe network that shows up inbetween two surfaces. When I generate sections they show up fine. When I compute materials, that works fine too except that the volume of the pipe is included. Does someone know a way to exclude pipe networks from a cut and fill material list?? Any and all help is appreciated.

pipe.jpg

• 11 months later...

Hello,

This issue is resurfacing for me again. I need to find a way to subtract these pipe volumes. It is becoming more important as I need to calculate not only backfill but structural backfill as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Phil

Hehehe 'resurfacing':lol:

I am no expert on assemblies, but in my trench-assembly I have the pipes as shapes, and then I have a MinPipeDiameter-parameter that controls wheter the shape is calculated or not. I have not created the subassembly myself and really don't know to do it, but it is there... I don't know if it helps?