Plotting PDF lineweight problem

lab

Hi Everyone...Hoping you can help me with a baffling problem.

Every time I plot a sheet to PDF, the lineweights for a few colors are inconsistent. For example, if I have 2 lines that are the same layer/color, sometimes the PDF will show one with a different thickness. I've attached a pic of what I'm talking about. The stippled dots are the exact same layer, but for some reason the one at the top is thicker than the lower one.

I just got a new computer, windows 7, and just installed AutoCAD 2009 on it.

The PDF selection I use was a PC3 file that I created via the "add a plotter wizard" command.

Can anyone tell me what's going on?

thanks!

LinetypePlotting.jpg

Yup, 2009 had a distinct problem in generating its own pdf plots. The line and text quality is usually hosed asd you can't fix it. You will have to use an alternative pdf generator program.

Like SLW says, AutoDesk's Trueview is a good and free alternative, the only trouble is, the newest version of TrueView 2013 gave me problems when plotting files from 2007 - 2010 AutoCad. I suppose it's because it tries to handle the 2013 file format conversion along with the older formats too.

See if you can get hold of a copy of Drawing TrueView 2010. That is the version I use to plot AutoCad 2009 files. The way you use it is to set up all your layouts in AutoCad as usual, close the drawing, then open Trueview and Open, then nav to your drawing. When it opens, Trueview will have copied ALL the drawing data and will be able to plot just as if you were still in the drawing in AutoCad.

There is a little bug in TrueView 2010 and probably the newer versions too. Once you have opened a dwg file in TrueView, you will discover that it has inserted itself as the WIndows default program for dwg files. You will either have to open the next dwg file from within AutoCad (it takes the default back) or right click any dwg file in the windows file directory and reset the default program by using the Open With... 'Make this the default program' option. I still have TrueView 2010 installed here but I no longer have my install packet for TrueView 2010 due to a catastriophic computer failure a couple of years ago, or I would send you a copy of it.

Thank you so much for your responses! This was driving me crazy...so I'm glad it wasn't just me.

I ended up downloading Truview2013 and after a bit of fussing with the page setup it worked like a charm.

And now I can batch plot perfectly as well, so I'm kinda glad I had the problem in the first place.

Thanks again...!