Coordinate reading

lioncub99

Hi all I am very new to Autocad12 Map 3D and learning every day. I have a list of co-ordinates Easting,Northing,Description ( a text document or csv ) I want to place a block or circle at the coordinate and also have the Description appearing next to it is there a lips available for this i think it would be as this is very common practice in survey

The lisp you referred to is good but does not do the job it is for importing xyz data and can place blocks on those locations but. i am looking for xy and txt like placing a circle on a given coordinate and next to it the description of the circle attaching an image to explain

You did mention the word "block" in your first post. I also assumed you were using blocks that had fields or attributes responsible for the text you wanted displayed.

Thanks this works better

It can work even better, if only you redefine the Map_Survey_Point block as a circle.

Here's the look just after the _MAPIMPORT of the PENZD file:

before.gif

and here's after the redefinition of the block:

after.gif