Some help with modeling this part

thorcalder0n

Hello everyone!

So i've been trying to model this part on Inventor, but it's cost me more than what i expected. It is part of an assembly that i'd like to post soon.Maybe you guys could help me with this.

A045B6A7A.jpg

As it is in spanish, both "PASO 2" and "12 giros" stand for Step: 2, and 12 Revs., respectively.

All dimensions are in millimeters.

Thanks

PS: Sorry for my bad english.

Hello everyone!

So i've been trying to model this part on Inventor, but it's cost me more than what i expected. It is part of an assembly that i'd like to post soon.Maybe you guys could help me with this.

A045B6A7A.jpg

As it is in spanish, both "PASO 2" and "12 giros" stand for Step: 2, and 12 Revs., respectively.

All dimensions are in millimeters.

Thanks

PS: Sorry for my bad english.

Im not sure I understand what you are asking. Are you trying to be able to produce this spring in a more cost effective way?

Im not sure I understand what you are asking. Are you trying to be able to produce this spring in a more cost effective way?

Well, i'm trying to make this spring, using different approaches (3d sketch, sweep) but none of them had a good result... Inventor seems to be not very flexible with 3D sketches, but I might be ignoring some useful tool in this case.

I'd be great though if you could create this part and tell me how you've done it.

Outch you have been using the wrong method, search this forum on the coil command we have talked about it many times. Basically you sketch a profile and a revolve axis or use a one provided, then select COIL. When in the Coil feature you can set the shape , size and end detail. We have lots of examples on this forum on how to do it. Any probs just post on here.

Attach your ipt file of what you attempted here.

I would

Coil surface

Sweep

Mirror

I started creating the coil acording to the dimensions, but I stuck trying to make the paths at both ends (those ending in a 3 mm radius).

So I chose (and attempted) to do this with a helical curve within the 3D Sketch option (I don't know if it is called "helical curve" since i'm using a spanish version of Inventor)... this was some sore of result:

272.png

But I couldn't bend the intersection between that straight line and the helical curve, so I thought of making a 3 mm arc tangent to both the straight line and the helical curve, but it still won't follow the expected trajectory, as it is shown in the next part, done by a Catia user:

273.jpg

(27).ipt

(27.1).ipt

Edited by thorcalder0n
Bad Spelling