How can I print many drawings in one file by one click?!!

alaa zaki

Hi guys,

I wanna print many drawings -beside each other- by one click without repeating plot order, every time I print them it took a lot of time ,I know if them in seperate files it more easier than when they in one file.

sooner respond would be appreciate

@ReMark>>how can I do it??

@maratovich>>> I think it may be useful if I"ve many drawing files,but in my case I've all drawing in one file.

@JD Mather>> how can I do it??

@JD Mather>> how can I do it??

It takes me around 10 hrs to walk my class through the process, not sure how I would explain all the steps in an internet forum.

Setting up a proper template defines the styles and standards a company will use and helps to ensure that everyone is following the same standard.

This sort of information is best covered in a class or hire out the creation of a template to an experienced professional. You want to get this correct the first time around.

AutoCAD is a professional program and deserves (requires?) a professional level of preparation. You might be able to piece together all the best practices from internet sources and a couple of books, but this process has taken me a couple of years of effort. I recommend you find a class in your area on using AutoCAD.

I think it may be useful if I"ve many drawing files,but in my case I've all drawing in one file.

Then you need it (REVERS) :http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?74822-Additional-programs-for-AutoCAD-and-AutoCADLT

With the proper page set up for the desired out put, which takes a matter of minutes if you take your time, it can be done in two clicks without any script or code. Put publish in your quick access toolbar. (Your publisher may need to be set up for your needs the first time you use it.) A user can make a page set up, apply it to all layouts, and set up publisher in a matter of minutes, seconds if they are good. After all that is done, your are 2 clicks from plotting all your layouts, click the publish button on your QAB, then click publish in the publisher dialog box.

If you need help with any part of this process, we'd be glad to help. Hopefully, we can get you set up with a few messages, not a 10 hour class.

With the proper page set up for the desired out put, which takes a matter of minutes if you take your time, it can be done in two clicks without any script or code. Put publish in your quick access toolbar. (Your publisher may need to be set up for your needs the first time you use it.) A user can make a page set up, apply it to all layouts, and set up publisher in a matter of minutes, seconds if they are good. After all that is done, your are 2 clicks from plotting all your layouts, click the publish button on your QAB, then click publish in the publisher dialog box.

If you need help with any part of this process, we'd be glad to help. Hopefully, we can get you set up with a few messages, not a 10 hour class.

This is the method I use a well and find it works very well. I suppose it could be considered a disadvantage that you have to have the drawings open, although for me that is not a problem.

I think it may be useful if I"ve many drawing files,but in my case I've all drawing in one file.
Actually it's not too dificult at all. If you follow JD Mather's advise of setting your Layout Tabs correctly to begin with ... then you can select the tabs you want to plot (hold down Ctrl key) right-click and select Publish Selected Layouts. If your layouts are already setup to the correct page size / plotter / pen settings ... all you need to do now is click the Publish button.

If you need to use a different plotter or any other setting (e.g. page size) this is where your pre-planning would help greatly. You can create "template" files with all the variants of plot setups you can think to use. Then you can import these into the Publish dialog and set the pages either one at a time or many at once (Shift or Ctrl) to one of those setups.

If you do want to use script to plot multiple tabs in the same file ... you would be better off using Lisp instead of SCR, since lisp can more easily change tabs to plot the next one.

Actually it's not too dificult at all. If you follow JD Mather's advise of setting your Layout Tabs correctly to begin with ... then you can select the tabs you want to plot (hold down Ctrl key) right-click and select Publish Selected Layouts. If your layouts are already setup to the correct page size / plotter / pen settings ... all you need to do now is click the Publish button.

That was me that suggested using publish. Mr Mather suggested the OP go back to school.

Sorry yes, just saw you mentioned Publish before. Though without the correct page setups publish is generally a bad idea (usually why people stay away from Publish), so IMO the one can't work without the other. I don't think you need to go back to school just for this one feature though, but you need to have the desire to know how to do something more efficiently and not be scared of trying. IMO you learn more by your own trial-n-error than you could ever achieve through classes.

Sorry yes, just saw you mentioned Publish before. Though without the correct page setups publish is generally a bad idea (usually why people stay away from Publish), so IMO the one can't work without the other.

and that is why I started the post "With the proper page set up..."