Layer properties manager

jw

i have both Autocad 2006 & Autocad 2005LT on my computer and i cant load the layer properties manager in either program. when i click the icon the screen just freezes as if it is tring to load but nothing happens. does anyone know a way to get in as i have to add layers by typing everything in.

You could try changing your windows Display properties. On the Settings tab, push your screen resolution all the way up, then open autocad and try your layer manager. If it was off screen, you should be able to grab it now and pull it back in.

• 3 years later...

what if you have 2 screens plugged in and all your resolutions are maxed.... how can i get at the window that is off my screen?

This seems to be my case, please help

Oh i got it you need to go to start -> run

type "regedit" (careful in here)

go to

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\AutoCAD\

then you will have different folders but you will need to find "Dialogs", it will most likely be 2 folders down from AutoCAD\. once found then go to

\Dialogs\LayerManager

modify "bounds" file on the right, change it to something else, i did (0, 0, 880, 873).

then open it up and presto fixed!

any questions let me know spikes2020@ymail.com