Existing File Check

suryatry26

hi i have more than 500 files in a folder.and i have a Text file list.In that list some 100 file name is mentined.now i want to chechk that Text file List all files availble in that folder or not...how to check?any idea?

any short cut? want to execute not existing file names(Compared with that txt list with that folder files)

You want to compare the names of the files in the folder to the names in the text list? Are we to assume the files in the folder are drawing files?

I want to check my notepad mentioned all files availble on single destination folder....now i am open my note pad one moniter and open that folder another moniter and cheking manually....nw i want to execute the missed file list..

So after the comparison you want to produce a list of files that are not found in the folder. Correct? In what file format is this list going to be? Txt? Doc? Other?

Covert the CSV file to TXT then use a program like ExamDiff to compare the two files.

Convert the TXT file to CSV then use a program like CS-ExcelDiff to compare the two files.

To build the list of drawing files may create a BAT file with the line below:

DIR /b *.DWG > FilesList.txt

Run this in the folder storing the said drawings.

After try to compare the list with the reference file using one of @ReMarks's solutions.

hi i think you are understand wrongly.now i am extracting that file name using bat file and using excel for comparing my txt list and folder extracted file list.for this i am asking any other method? is there for compare my list with folder files.plz see the image.:unsure:

Compare.jpg