Layers States Manager not working

jkcad

Hello

I am new to this forum but desperately need some help. I am using Layer States Manager in CAD2010 and have run into this problem. Perhaps I have a setting wrong but I need some help.

I inserted an XREF into my drawing which is using LMAN. I put the XREF on a layer that is visible for the current layer state I am in. Saved the drawing then another coworker opened it and the xref was no longer visible. Even though the layer settings show as not frozen or locked the XREF won't show. If I move it onto a layer that is showing in the layer state manager it still doesn't show. I'm not sure if this is just a glitch or if I have some some setting set incorrectly.

Any help is appreciated. Also are others have problems with LMAN not working after drawings are opened by someone else in the office? Are the LMAN settings not universal?

Thanks

The layer that an XREF is on doesn't have any affect on it's visibility. It's XREF layers that affect what is visible. Check those layers. Also, check to see if the XREF is loaded when you coworker opens the drawing.

Hello Rob

Thanks for replying. I am going to give it a shot, but that'a bit disappointing to hear since I don't want to have to adjust the architect's base building layers. Sorry for the late reply I was out of the office and just got back and saw your reply.

To answer your other question, the X-ref does load in her drawing. It was working before but then once she opened the drawing the X-ref didn't show.

Will keep you posted.

Thanks

Janice

You just need to check to see if those layers are on and thawed, easy. I'm thinking that the XREF is not found when she opens the referencing drawing. Is the XREF stored on a network? If it is stored locally, AutoCAD won't be able to find it from a different machine.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Rob

Just wanted to thank you again for your response. Apologies for the delay, it's just been so busy that we haven't had the time to really look into the glitch.

So far your suggestion has worked.

Really appreciate your help.

Have a fantastic Holiday Season.

Janice