Drawing slow down and plan problem after 3d modelling.

Glen1980

I have been drafting up a balcony and thought that a little isometric would liven the drawing up a bit.

I drew it all up OK but since I have added the model the computer has slown when working on the drawing.

I removed the model from the drawing.

No change.

I purged and audited.

No change.

I then noticed that I still had the 3d usc icon and that the screen background colour wasn't the right colour for 2d drawing so

Used the view cube to move back to the top down view.

No change

Tried UCS -> W

No change

Plan -> W

No change

I have ended up copying everything into a new drawing and everything is back up to speed, but I was wondering if there was anything I have missed or if there is a variable I don't know that will put everything back into 2d.

Sort of seperately, when I want to incorporate a 3d model on a 2d drawing should I draw it on the 2d page then flatten it or draw it seperately flatten it and import it in to the drawing. Either way I'd have to flatten at some stage as everyone else has LT and I don't want to confuse them!

Glen

drawing.dwg

maybe change back to 2d wireframe view? As for the other question, I'm not sure. I haven't found an easy way to do this. When I flatten I end up having to do alot of erasing and trimming, maybe a solview followed by soldraw. lately I've just been creating a new drawing and saving it as a jpg, then inserting it into the drawing.