Dimension style - possible like this?

Is that dimension in a drawing which you have?

If so, it contains the DIMSTYLE information required to create it.

I have been unable to find a way to elevate the mm dimension display,

and a DECIMAL SEPARATOR must be displayed, I have chosen space.

I used the -DWGUNITS command to change the drawing units to cm,

in this way there is no need to override the text, and it displays as shown in the image.

I assume that you are trying to create a DIMSTYLE which does not require subsequent

alterations to get it how you want it to look. :)

In this way, if you create a line and enter 1 for the length, it will be 1 cm long.

close but different dimstyle.jpg

Edited by Dadgad

hi

Highlight dim and in proporties Text Override enter \S 5

you dont need the space between the S and 5 but it looks more like what you are after.

I hope this helps

That is pretty interesting, I'd like to be able to use that, albeit tedious for a dimension style which you want to use regularly.

I am unable to access this option in Autocad vanilla, maybe it is only available in the verticals? :beer:

I am unable to access this option in Autocad vanilla, maybe it is only available in the verticals?
I don't know Autocad vanilla :unsure:

you can use it to type chemical symbols:

Field2.png

;)

Hi,

There is an other method, you explode the dimension and use STACK, and you have some Properties as you can see in this image:

No need to EXPLODE the dimension. Use the ED command (Short command alias for DDEDIT) and add the stacked character to the end of the dimension text. This way the dimension is not tampered with and is still a usable object.

My $0.02 anyways. :)

*EDIT*

BTW John, that is a great tip!! Hats off for the intuitive thinking in your advice.

I like that, just got it to work, thanks for the ED clarification Styk. :beer:

I have tried to use it in the text formatting bar previously without success.

Still a bit unwieldy to include in a DIMSTYLE, and I don't see any way to include it in the definition of the DIMSTYLE.

I tried the save as a NEW DIM STYLE approach, but as it is likely considered a text OVERRIDE, it won't incorporate it.

I like that, just got it to work, thanks for the ED clarification Styk. :beer:

I have tried to use it in the text formatting bar previously without success.

Still a bit unwieldy to include in a DIMSTYLE, and I don't see any way to include it in the definition of the DIMSTYLE.

I tried the save as a NEW DIM STYLE approach, but as it is likely considered a text OVERRIDE, it won't incorporate it.

I guess Lisp would be the answer to go a bit further with the automation process. Wonder if anybody would volunteer to write something up? It's possible.

:)