AutoCAD LT 2013 - Text not plotting correctly using dwg to pdf plotter

snakebite729

Hi everyone,

I am using AutoCAD LT 2013 and at the moment i am just using the dwg to pdf.pc3 included in AutoCAD.

All of the text in my drawings is the same font (ISOCPAUS).

Up until about a week ago, i could plot bold & italic text using the dwg to pdf plotter. Now, I cannot and i don't know what has changed to make this happen. Underlined and overlined text still plots fine to pdf.

Everything appears correct in model space, paper space layouts, in previews and if i plot to any of the printers in the office, but once i plot to pdf, the bold and italic is gone.

What could be causing this? I am hoping that it is just a simple setting that i have accidentally changed.

Any help is very much appreciated.

Thanks

~

I don't know what can cause that behavior to the built-in PDF virtual plotter, but until someone will give you a fix I can suggest you to look for a dedicated tool. The CutePDF seems to be a quite reliable solution.

Thanks for the suggestion, i have been trying CutePDF out for a few hours and i cant seem to work out how to print to pdf in vector format, rather than rasterizing everything?

This is a critical feature as all of our staff need to be able to search for text within the pdf document.

You can choose how the TrueType will be plotted in the PDF; in PLOT command dialog, just next to plotters pop-up list there is a button named Properties. In the subsequent dialog, in Device and Document Settings tab select Graphics entry and TrueType Text behavior rule. There can choose to plot them as text or as graphics.

You may want to save this setup as a new PC3 configuration for further usage.

I have tried this over and over. Each time i select "as text" as the option and save the pc3, it automatically changes it back to "as graphics" and plots a pdf with rasterized text.

here is a screen shot of the advanced settings. Perhaps something in there is preventing it from working properly?

Capture.JPG

Are there any other free converters available that are capable of creating a vector pdf?

• 2 weeks later...

An example .dwg file would help.

If this is something that was working fine, then suddenly changed, I would suspect an update or registry cleaner, etc, barring someone actually messing with Adobe and/or AutoCAD's settings.

For this I would use a Windows Restore point sometime prior to the problems.

Generally speaking, if Plot Preview looks correct and the actual plot to a printer looks fine, the trouble is usually not an AutoCAD plot setting, but, I would suspect Adobe, as this seems visual in the reader.

How does it look if you PLOT the PDF file?

You could try PrimoPDF, I use that at home.

In my opinion there's no better way to print pdf than using dwgtopdf.

Maybe you'll like to try it again^^

look dwgtopdf -> properties -> user properties -> Fonts

Control if youre Fonts are selected or try to select/deselect all Fonts (play with that)dwg2pdf.jpg

If this is something that was working fine, then suddenly changed, I would suspect an update or registry cleaner, etc, barring someone actually messing with Adobe and/or AutoCAD's settings.

How does it look if you PLOT the PDF file?

i have recently discovered that it never actually worked for this particular font. we were using a similar font before that did work, but the one we are using now is the issue.

so it now means i have 2 options:

a) change fonts (which is actually a huge job because our drawings contain an astronomical amount of text), or

b) find a dwg to pdf plotter that can create a vector pdf where i can search text. free would be a preference, but definitely willing to pay for a good one.

when i plot the pdf, it is exactly how the pdf looks on the screen, no bold or italic.

In CAD got to File - Plotter Manager - Find DWG to PDF and open it.

From here go to Custom Properties, Click on the Custom Properties tab and Make sure that Capture all is selected for the fonts.

In CAD got to File - Plotter Manager - Find DWG to PDF and open it.

From here go to Custom Properties, Click on the Custom Properties tab and Make sure that Capture all is selected for the fonts.

Have tried this and it doesn't work unfortunately.

• 2 weeks later...

i think i'm going to change fonts. seems to be the easiest fix. will be a lot of work to begin with, but will save a lot of hassle.

does anyone know which fonts are acceptable for ISO certification? i'm thinking of using Arial