Revit Model and 2d cad files

Nick-H-

I really really hate to sound mean, but the OP really needs to get his hands on a Revit book or some tutorials.

I buy the "Official Training Guides". They help a LOT.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=revit+2013

You're going to run into more and more issues until you learn the basics.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nick-H-

• tzframpton

• RobDraw

• Lee Roy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good point Lee Roy and I'll back your comment. Obviously it isn't to be rude or mean, but just an honest suggestion to the OP. When you reach a snag, or need a better explanation, that's really what the message boards are truly for. :)

Good point Lee Roy and I'll back your comment. Obviously it isn't to be rude or mean, but just an honest suggestion to the OP. When you reach a snag, or need a better explanation, that's really what the message boards are truly for. :)

I do have books etc... It's seems alot more helpful ad easier to ask people in here for there ways of doing things

Yes it is most certainly easier. What's mostly good about asking people is the second opinions, as most importantly (to me anyways) is the approach that someone with experience takes.

Please don't shy away and ask as much as you'd like. It is only fair that I answer as much as possible because the good Lord only knows how many novice questions I've asked here in the 6-7 years I've been active. :)

Select the Transition, and in Properties adjust the "OffsetWidth" input. :)

I tried that and it didnt work :(

but now I have just realised. Do you have to have the family loaded in?

I tried that and it didnt work :(

but now I have just realised. Do you have to have the family loaded in?

Yes, without the Families then you can't use the correct fitting. Just load all the Families under the Transitions folder and try each one to see if it fits your needs best in your duct layout.

Yes, without the Families then you can't use the correct fitting. Just load all the Families under the Transitions folder and try each one to see if it fits your needs best in your duct layout.

I will try that when I get home, ive more or less taken this job on now in my spare time.. hes give me 80 hours or so, to get 3 floors of vent and containment draw.. doesnt have to be accurate its just to look good for marketing.

quite daunting :? gonna be some learning curve

It can be daunting. Best thing to do is when you open Revit, you need to completely forget everything you know about AutoCAD. It's then you will begin to pick up Revit much better.

Good luck and hope it works out for you. Come back for any more issues you may have. :)

It can be daunting. Best thing to do is when you open Revit, you need to completely forget everything you know about AutoCAD. It's then you will begin to pick up Revit much better.

Good luck and hope it works out for you. Come back for any more issues you may have. :)

Cheers and thanks for the help.

no doubt I will have more questions later 8)

Cheers and thanks for the help.

no doubt I will have more questions later 8)

ah there is one more or 2.

is it best to place grilles first in the ceiling grid level, then duct them up later?

also can you import the VG from another project for the colours of ducts etc..

is it best to place grilles first in the ceiling grid level, then duct them up later?

That is my workflow.

also can you import the VG from another project for the colours of ducts etc..

I believe it can be but it is best to set up a template with the desired settings.

Is it possible to change the type of grille.... there is a round supply diffuser i want to use as a extract diffuser but not sure how you change the type or if you can

Circular Supply Diffusers are OOTB. You can select one of those and "Edit Family", change the connector "System Classification" to "Exhaust Air", "Save As" a new family into your library, then "Load into Project" and continue on.

The offset functionality is built into the rectangular angled transition.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]38908[/ATTACH]

Use the method I described earlier to model it.

I dont seem to have any transitions in my familes :S do I have to create one?

\US Imperial\Duct\Fittings\Rectangular\Transitions

I dont have that :( ive got transformations but it just transforms on either side and not just one