Convert .FAS to .LSP

laidanae29

:(

hi good day .. can you help me how can i convert .fas to .lsp ? file?

what should i download in order for me to convert the file. please let me know as soon as possible your read this. please email me at

i'll wait you there . thanks in advance :)

Edited by Tiger
removed email

The FAS format is the compiled version of an AutoLISP file, and one can guess that the programmer had a good reason to don’t provide his/her routine in plain code.

If you really need to have access to that code, then I believe that is better to contact the programmer then to attempt to de-compile his/her work.

• Like 1

What is the purpose behind your request?

Have you contacted the person whose code you are interested in?

I imagine that some programmers compile their code to protect it from being used in a manner they would find objectionable.

actually someone gave this to me.. He wants me to figure it out how to open an .fas file is there any possible i could open it? I really don't have any idea how can i convert this to .LPS file .. Please let me know.:cry:

Hi laidanae29 and welcome to the forum.

I have removed your email-adress, you'll probably get help faster on the forum.

Good luck!

okay :/ i just post it because i really need it :( asap..

Around the world there is a thing called copyrite and a even bigger subject "software piracy".

Having been involved in a commercial product thats why a FAS is used to stop illegal copying. You have your answer above contact the author !

well actually someone gave this to me. he wanted me to figure it out how can i open this file.. so can you help me out about this?.. Please help me out

What is the purpose behind your request?

Have you contacted the person whose code you are interested in?

I imagine that some programmers compile their code to protect it from being used in a manner they would find objectionable.

I know so you mean there is no way to figure this out?. i really wanted to open this file.. if you could please help me out about this,

Around the world there is a thing called copyrite and a even bigger subject "software piracy".

Having been involved in a commercial product thats why a FAS is used to stop illegal copying. You have your answer above contact the author !

If you just want to run it then use Appload and pick the file this will load and run it, if it comes up with error messages etc then you may not be able to go any further.

If BIGAL's last post is not what you want, i.e. you want to "convert .fas to .lsp" as per your original post, then:

Effectively what you're asking is the same thing as asking for someone to change the ACAD.EXE file into the .H & .CPP files which AutoDesk had hundreds of programmers create for them. That is usually (if not always) illegal! Most of us here are programmers (at least amateur), so we know just how much time / effort can go into a program. Some of our programs we "give-away" for free by simply posing the source LSP files (or other sources).

However, if we want to make money out of our "work", we would generally not give away the source files. Thus we'd "compile" them into FAS/VLX/DLL/ARX/etc. so that they will still run but not be editable by the users. Now in most cases, if you see a FAS file and you don't have the original LSP file(s) - that means the creator didn't want you to have the LSP file(s). And if you dis-assemble the FAS it would be grounds for the creator to sue you.

Therefore no-one here would do something like that for you. Firstly because we'd not want such to happen to our own products. Secondly, we don't want to get into trouble with others - especially on someone else's behalf.

If you want to go further with this, please refrain from using this forum (or similar) for such. You would be better served in some Cracker (note a Hacker is not a Cracker) community - i.e. go play with the criminals making viruses, breaking security systems & cracking software licensing!

I think what everyone is trying to say here is that besides the copyright issues, there is not really an easy way to de-compile an FAS program back to an LSP file. In fact, I don't know of anyway to do it unless you can use some utility to read the binary bytes of the file itself and then you're still going to have to decode it to a useable language. There may well be those out there who can do this or have built a tool which will do it, but I will wager it's not for sale...mainly due to copyright issues and secondly anything like that would represent a lot of hard work and the price would be steep.

That said, someone will probably post to this with a link to an absolutely free tool which will do just that....shows you what I know. But IMHO this is something that's better left alone and you would need to contact the original programmer for assistance. Or better, what exactly does it do and just write your own LISP program to do whatever this FAS does. Easier said than done, but that's probably your only option if you can't contact the original programmer.

i can't contact the programmer . how is that? is really impossible for me to open the file?

The FAS format is the compiled version of an AutoLISP file, and one can guess that the programmer had a good reason to don’t provide his/her routine in plain code.

If you really need to have access to that code, then I believe that is better to contact the programmer then to attempt to de-compile his/her work.

There's nothing stopping you from "opening" the file in (say) Notepad. It's just that it will look like garbage as it's binary-executable-code.

I'm sure it's not "impossible" to "open" that as a LSP file ... but ... as I said before, if you want to go at it despite it being possibly illegal: Then go to some cracker forums to see if those guys will break the law for you.

I did a little research on this and here is what I found. There were a few searches which came up with someone saying it can be done, but you have to download and install a 3rd party package. I don't ever do this and would not recommend doing this because this is how lots of hackers trick you into running their trojans, etc... One article I read the author said he tried it but it only sat there doing a whole lot of nothing. What I will bet it did was install a trojan or a key stroke recorder to steal his personal information. There was still another article which said they got some 3rd party de-compiler to work but you end up with a hex listing which is almost garbage unless you really know what you're doing. This is a big waste of time in my opinion so to answer your question flat out, the answer is yes you can open it, but it all depends on how much assembly and hex you know whether you can do anything with it.

Now, what I'm sure the other folks in this forum will agree with me on, is what does this FAS code do? Answer that and then decide how to write your own code which will do the same task. It's not that difficult to recreate what a LISP program does, if you just describe what it does to yourself. If contacting the original author is not possible then this is really your best shot at it.