Annotation help!

mrfitzgerald

Hello all

Hope someone can help or point me in the right direction.

I've completed my drawing (Autocad architectural 2012) and set-up my multiple view-ports (at 1:50 and 1:5 scale) on my title-block.

I'm now going to add my text and dimensions im model space....and that's when the problems start!

I've created text and dimensions in annotative style.

The issue I have is when I change annotation scale from 1:50 to 1:5 my text and dimensions in model space automatically changes (as can be seen on attachment) to a huge scale but is perfect in layout view for differing scales.

Can anyone offer help as to what I am doing wrong?

Thanks in advance of any help and advice.

Mark

Autocad 2012.pdf

Just a guess, but by looking at your icons id say you have autoscale turned on & show objects in all scales on & you have ended up with what i have in the picture, try turning autoscale off & show annotations in all scales off & see what happens.

scale.jpg

Aaahhh sorry for huge picture ! :)

ps i think your not doing anything wrong its just how you have set things up to display in model space.

Try this: change the value of SELECTIONANNODISPLAY to a value of "0".

Yep that will work as too :)

(i dislike autoscale myself as i like to control my annotations myself but like all things its a choice)

Thanks guys for your help. I've checked and SELECTIONANNODISPLAY is already set to a value of "0".

I'm using one text style for both 1:50 and 1:5 scale and just changing annotation scale (in model space) between the two different scales when I'm additing text to different areas of drawing.

Could this be the problem? Should I have one text style for 1:50 and another for 1:5 or is there something else I'm missing?

I've attached pdf showing how drawing looks in model and paper space.

Thanks again in adavance of any help.

Model and paper space.pdf

One text style is fine, just some thoughts.

Do an Audit.

Your annotative text style isn't in a block etc is it ?

Maybe the drawing has been saved with Save to Legacy Drawing File Format set to 1 & the layers are on in model space but off in the viewport?

Hard to see whats going on with the PDF can you post the dwg at all? you can remove the title sheet in the layout if needed but leave the viewport.

Theres some very smart Quantum Mechanic's on this forum & i am sure if i cannot help you they will be able to work it out sooner or later.

Edited by KiLLiNG-TiME

Hi All sorry for delay.

Attached is dwg file (saved in architectural 2012).

Still having issues with viewing text at same height overall in model space as you can see (text for details is huge when I change annotation scale to 1:50 but fine for layout and vice versa when I change annotation scale to 1:5 scale).

Anyone see what I am doing wrong...(something basic I'm sure)?

1.dwg

Your annotating different size MT text that is stacked, in layout1 if you unlock the main (top) viewport & pan up you will see all the MT txt with the issues @ 1:50.

You will want to not assign 1:50 to the text and dims on the details for the obvious reasons. You can select them all, sort by mtext, etc, and delete the scales you don't need for the details.

Turn off the ANNNOAUTOSCALE from now on unless you know for sure you want it on.

You will not have the same size (displayed) text in MS, just in PS when the views are set to their scales, that is how it works.