rotated drawings

GWR1947

Or perhaps use the Parallel Osnap. :)

It is unusual because you don't pick the line. You merely hover over the line until you see the deferred Osnap symbol, and then move the cursor on the indicated line, and pick the line length or enter the distance from the keyboard.

Sometimes i find it useful to change the user coordinates to match the object in question. Here is the text from the command line with the user input in red.

Command: ucs

Current ucs name: *WORLD*

Specify origin of UCS or [Face/NAmed/OBject/Previous/View/World/X/Y/Z/ZAxis] : ob

Select object to align UCS:

Type "plan" and the whole model space will reorientates itself to the new coordinates. To get back to the original world coordinates repeat the process using the default argument rather than the "Ob".

I have used these macros in buttons to rotate the screen 90 degrees clockwise or 90 counter clockwise. ucs;z;90;plan;; or ucs;z;-90;plan;;

Autocad sees the ";" as and enter.

Hope this helps.

I agree with supercell you if you want don't worry about "Plan" if you have your otho turned it will draw lines etc on the correct angle it just means you turn your head a bit, the only advantage is it saves a zoom getting back to where you were.

Almost forgot a warning when you pick OB if its 3d it will create a UCS drawing plane at a 3D angle also

BIGAL is correct. Supercell's tip is the way to go, but using the OBject option can be problematic so proceed with caution. I usually manually snap to two points along a line as a reference to rotate the UCS. Alternatively, you can ax the need of the "PLAN " step if you utilize and enable the UCSFOLLOW system variable. I personally don't use the UCSFOLLOW command but I can see where people would find it useful.

Parallel Osnap is MUUUCH easier than all that.
Maybe so, depending on your situation. I know if I'm designing a complete HVAC system with 15 units and all the ducts/grilles/diffusers, etc. that go along with it in a building that has two wings, one is 38.6 degrees rotated, then I'm not spending my entire designing time using the Parallel Osnap. I'm going to reorient the drafting view to a Plan position and then go forward. Now if it's something that requires a quick design or a few PLINES, etc... then yes the Parallel Osnap can be the best method, no doubt.

:)