attaching xrefs to dwgs

humpo

Hi All

another issues i cant get my head around. i have been sent some drawings with came in 2 zip files. 1 zip contains the floorplans. the other contains the sheets.

if i load the sheet, it will tell me the drawing is missing in a pop up box with a status of "not found". i f i try to attach it nothing happens.

any ideas?

Maybe the person/company that sent you the files hard coded the path to the floorplans? Since that "path" does not exist on your computer AutoCAD then reports the drawing(s) as missing.

Sometimes it's the most obvious answer that is the right one, even if it seems like it is understood. I still have those "Doh" moments from time to time.

hi again

thanks for the advice, i have unzipped both folders, but to different locations. I will move sheets into the same folder as the plans.

in hindsight, its obvious when you guys mention it, but historically i have had all my plans/sheets ready and not had to deal with this issue before.

once again,

thanks